125g cream crackers
85g butter, melted
2 x 250g tubs cream cheese
15ml (1tbsp) cake flour
150g Parmesan, grated
3 extra-large eggs
300g Bijin Tomatoes, sliced/halved, to serve
200g vine tomatoes, to garnish
Fresh basil, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 230°C. Grease and line a 23cm springform cake tine.
2. For the base, blitz the crackers to a fine crumb in a blender or food processor and fold in the melted butter. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared tine.
3. For the filling, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the ricotta, flour, Parmesan and salt and gradually beat into the cream cheese until the mixture is smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Pour the filling on top of the crust.
4. Bake the cheesecake in the preheated oven, 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to 100°C and bake for a further hour. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven to cool, 1 hour.
5. Refrigerate the baked cheesecake to set and cool completely, 1 hour.
6. Using a palette knife, loosen the sides of the cheesecake and remove from the tin. Place on a serving platter and top with sliced and halved Bijin Tomatoes. Garnish with vine tomatoes and fresh basil to serve.